7. Learn to snowboard. 3/6/13 Amy stepped off of the lift and leaned against her snowboard. "Where's your coat?" I asked, noticing the lack of her fluffy white, down coat. "I got hot, left it at the bottom of the hill," she explained, "hope no one takes it." "You should have tied it around your [...]
I have recently entered the Biggest Baddest Bucket List contest with a pretty amazing grand prize: a 6 months all-expenses paid trip around the world and a $50,000 cash prize upon return. The winner will be reporting for My Destination, a travel company out of the UK, about the experience and will be regularly supplying [...]
2. Go whale watching 9/7/12 It's been several months since I've crossed something off of my list! This past weekend I had the pleasure of capturing Jennie and Ned's wedding in Osterville, MA on September 8. The day before the wedding, however, was mine to be a bit of a tourist. I've always wanted to [...]
14. Learn to use a sewing machine. 2/26/12 My list is getting shorter and shorter! When I was little my dad gave my mom a sewing machine for Christmas. More than a decade later the sewing machine was still in its original packaging and being sold at our garage sale. My mom has many talents [...]
16. Visit an authentic Chicago Blues Bar 2/3/12 It's crazy to me, given how much I love music and how long I've lived in this city, that, before last Friday, I'd never gone to a Chicago Blues Bar. The original visit, organized by none other than Tami, was slated for my actual birthday, though we [...]
17. Get My Scuba Certification in a cool, exotic place. 1/28/12 When I was in Egypt in 2007 I spent about a week in Dahab on the Red Sea. A couple of my new travel "mates" had arranged to get their PADI Scuba Certification and they encouraged me to join them. I was coming off [...]
Yesterday I got back from a week long family vacation to Mexico. A few Mexican themed posts are headed your way but, in the meantime, I'll leave you with a little teaser... can you guess which item I most recently crossed off my list???
My 28th year has come to and end, and what a year it was! It started in my second country, Kenya, with Irene, Faith and David visiting the members of Giwa IDP Camp, going on a mini-safari and giving out shoes to the Dust Babies of Kikopey. At 28 I became an Aunt and helped to [...]